Useful sources of information
Linked to this page are a links to over 180 information sources for technology and business markets. The list is out of date by now, but many of the major sources are still around. We are leaving the page here to help those who might want a starting point.
Information is split into
- General sources and source lists
- List of technology analysts
- Mailing list suppliers and panel providers
We regularly conduct market intelligence gathering exercises from these and other sources and can provide a fast overview of a market or topic area. These lists are updated periodically and we would appreciate it if you could report any links that have stopped working or seem to link to the wrong place.
- The Marketing Research Library
Links to general sources of information across a wide variety of markets. Quite generalist.
- US government resources for exporters
Library of market research information and sources focused on exporters, but generally applicable.
- Marketresearch.com Large data bank and repository of market research reports for sale
Other useful information sources
- Companies House (UK)
- UK Government's Office for National Statistics
- Eurostat - statistics office of the EU, lots of European data
- Hoovers - US stock exchange financial information
- Mintel - Wide ranging collection of research reports including primary data
- Keynote - wide range of reports across subject areas
- Euromonitor - similar to keynote
- Business.com - financial information
- Mffais - US mutual fund shareholdings
- Investor and shareholder discussions and news
- Japan Inc. Magazine - Resources
- London Stock Exchange - List of companies and details
- SEC Edgar (US) - US company filings
- Wall Street Research Net
- Statista - general statistics including social media
For help and advice on gathering secondary data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org