List of technology analysts
Below are a list of companies providing specialist reports and analysis for different technology markets. These companies may have the report you are looking for, or provide the data you want without needing to carry out primary research. Analyst houses often provide top-level information about areas like market size and key-players.
The brief description of what the company does is based on our assessment of the what we found when we reviewed the sites.
We'd also encourage you to read our notes about what to expect and look for from off-the-shelf market reports as the quality and standard of reports can be weak at times (even among our recommended companies). We do not make any endorsement for quality of any of the sites or their information.
Other sources of information on this site include lists of electronic magazines, and lists of mailing list providers. Some of this information may be out of date by the time you read it as analyst houses appear and disappear relatively frequently (list last checked 2016).
Specialist technology analyst houses
- Aberdeen.com - IT - More technical than stats
- Adv-forecast.com - Chip supplies
- Arcweb.com - Industrial automation
- Bloomberg - Company information and financial news
- Bloor.com - IT - Related to “The Register” magazine
- Consumer Technology Association - Home automation
- ComputerEconomics.com - Internet and e-commerce
- CorporateInformation.com - Corporate Information.
Good worldwide set of links to corporate information, lists and financial data
- Datamonitor.com - Pharma news and intelligence
- Decision resources - Health and pharmaceuticals
- Euromonitor - Global consumer markets
- Forrester.com - IT - more technical than stats
- Frost.com - Frost & Sullivan – broad technology markets (eg ATMs, EPOS, Kiosks)
Useful for data on electronics markets. Often only source
- Gartner.com - IT
Very big and extensive collection. Parent of Dataquest (above)
- Gfk - reports and data for a variety of markets
- Globaldata.com - variety of markets - acquired Dataquest
- Globalsources.com - Exporters and sourcing research
- Healthcaremarkets.com - Healthcare
- Hoovers - company data linked to DnB
- IDC.com - IT
Main source of market share stats in IT markets
- IHS Markit - technology, media and games markets
- Informit.com -software and technology publishing
- Insight Research Corp - Telecom & Internet
- Japanese IT Service Industry Association - Couple of reports on Japanese IT market
- Keynote.com - General marketing stats (UK)
- Mintel - General consumer research (Global)
Produce large quantity of reports based on end-consumer studies with good quality data
- Neilsen - retailer audit data
- Ovum.com - IT, Telecom and Media PMLive.com
- QuintilesIMS - Healthcare and Pharmacology
- Ronin.com - Internet use
- Scrip Intelligence - Pharma
- Semico.com - Semiconductors & display market
- StrategyAnalytics.com - IT devices (was BIS research)
- TGI (target group index) - media and product use data
- Verdict Retail - retail and supermarket data
- 451 Research - enterprise IT
Market research listings
- MR Web Research Directory
Has a listing of UK market research agencies and companies.
- Quirk's Market research directory
Has a listing of US market research agencies and companies.